View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 06:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
kj3880

Thanks Meditation and Kindeyes, you are as kind as your name.

Sometimes I read some of the replies on here and try to remember that some folks don't understand that their are real people with real feelings sitting here and reading them.

Actually Freedom, I'm in my 8th step, listing my amends, just in case you are actually asking because you care, rather than trying to insult me.

In my initial post here, I said that at times I can be very judgmental. I'm far enough in my step work to know that I have some character defects and that at times, I judge. I think there is a point of being judgmental, where we (me included, on my bad days) unnecessarily take others inventory and talk to or about others in a hurtful way (such as calling them EGO in a post), and then there's the judging we do so that we can decide who it's safe and healthy to hang out with. I hope that's what I am doing when I talk anonymously about a person that I tried to reach out to, and am deciding if I should continue to associate with based on her toxic behavior.

I've worked on my defect of people pleasing lately. I don't walk around with as many resentments when I speak my mind in an honest way and let someone know they hurt my feelings.

Love,
KJ