View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Fourmaggie)) - not to hijack the thread, but I did want to point out that after jail, I spent the better part of a year being clean, working, getting back on my feet.

I was not in recovery, unfortunately. I just about wiped out an entire year of hard work, with a relapse that lasted less than 2 weeks, BUT I also knew that I could physically do it, I just had to get my heart, head and gut on the same path.

We never know when an A is going to say "enough", and for some, one time in jail is it. I do believe that, for me, the thought of going back has had a huge impact. It also hurt, more with the relapse, because I was home and I could SEE the pain in my family's eyes. I never, ever want to put them through that again.

One more thing...for those who don't know, had I not gotten IMMEDIATELY on the path to recovery, I would not have been allowed to come back home after my relapse. I'm just saying that as a reminder that we A's really do need to deal with our consequences - I got tired of all the bad consequences, and (((Litehorse))) - I'm praying your son feels the same way.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy