View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 02:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
meditation

Sometimes I find that being around all that drama is good and not so good. It's good because it reminds me that I don't want to live that way and I wasn't brought up that way and I just love my serenity and peace. It's bad because I too get frustrated that people keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. If 15 rehabs aren't a clue that something needs to change then I don't know. One rehab was enough.

It is too easy for me to judge and the meetings keep me in gratitude and humility, I can always find some soul who is worse off than I am but many are in a better place than I am so it give me hope that I can reach the zenith. I haven't made a batch of friends in meetings but I don't go for that reason. I go to hear the message

Each of us has our bottom and for me it took wiping out my career and my reputation and integrity. I did not get jail but I did lose my job so that was plenty low for me. I disappointed my family and I am still paying the consequences, I wish I had not had to go so far down.

I am fairly beat trying to be codie with folks outside meetings because there is so much drama and so much neediness that I could never even begin to make much difference. I feel extremely weary because as I stated before if nothing changes and they keep repeating the same insanity then until they are ready the only thing one can do is give the message of hope. I just don't have the emotional or financial resources to run around after meetings and getting sucked into the drama.
I do care but it gets overwhelming.
KJ I don't know what to say I would leave this one alone and let her find her way when she is ready. I think finding someone that has some good honest recovery might be better.