View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 03:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Babyblue

Thank you so much for posting this. I came to this realization that the addict in my life has boredom issues. I think that is why he relapses (among other things). Going to work, being responsible isn't the most exciting thing in the world. I wish I could just check out and not call anyone for days, not pay my bills, etc. But I can't. Yet I know that when he is in recovery, the guilt and shame he endures for having not fought his addiction are almost unbearable for him to face. I hope he can be one of the lucky ones. He is much like some of the people you are describing tho sabotaging sobriety and all the good things that come with it. And he has a diploma, had a great career and lost it all. Good things take time. Maybe some (like you) have more patience and know that you cant rebuild overnight. Congratulations on your hard work btw!

Oh and had I known that you don't need experience or an education to be a CEO (criminal background optional) then I would have saved myself lots of money and stress on that boring "education" and "good citizen" stuff