View Single Post
Old 08-28-2010, 09:13 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
HealingWillCome

Originally Posted by Bucyn View Post
Do you know what the biggest problems in my life have been since the divorce? Wasps in the mailbox. A can of Raid took care of that. Oh the pool pump broke and the pool turned green, but my son fixed it. And I suppose the mortgage modification process is a pain, but it's going to happen or not and I've done what I was supposed to and have documented everything, so the rest is just amusing (they once called to say they had all the documents from me they needed, except one--but they didn't know which one, LOL).

That's it. I've had close to a year of no aggravation, no abuse, no weird scheming manipulatons, no crises, no gnawing anxiety about what's going to happen now, what's going to go wrong now. No hypervigilance waiting for attack. And in the absence of all that poison, very good things have grown.
What a great post, Bucyn. All great advice and sound words of wisdom.

The above, in itself, is PRICELESS. To have peace in the absence of the turmoil of addiction (both the addict's and the codie's) is a gift. Letting the A live his or her own life, and taking responsibility for your own happiness...I'll take wasps in the mailbox any day.