View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:04 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

I will do this exercise also.

I've not had ONE emotion or attraction to an ex once I got over them.

Summer, I have the same sensation thinking back. I feel nothing and have certainly NO interest in peeking on their facebook. Done. Not part of my life.

My constant challenge is to do the same when I still see and interact with XABF. I try to imagine this is not F but the evil twin who I don't know. Sometimes works. Sometimes DAMN I still miss my friend and who he was then in the "good times".

While away I know I am more into acceptance and more into seeing my own patterns and going on with my life.. less "shoulds" or criticizing or feeling superior or jealous or whatever. Its when I hear him that is the challenge. That is one of my goals in therapy, indifference towards XABF.

I can feel my emotions just imagining myself as a small kid. I remember a pic where I was riding a toy horse . I loved that toy and remember the feeling of playing around rolling on it...

Many of these exercises make you feel dumb but I guess its just resistence or fear... that can be there but are not excuses not to do the exercises...