View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 06:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
summer017
Then the bird said 'Nevermore'

wow! YOU ARE SO BRAVE
It might not feel that way right now, but from an outside perspective, you are very very brave and I admire you so much! I wish I was able to do what you have done when I was in your shoes. But instead I held on and held on, basically self inflicting pain, and lying to myself that it was going to be okay, knowing in my heart of hearts, it wasn't ever going to be okay.. UNTIL, until he was sober!

So congrats on taking a stand! This is the first day and the beginning of taking your life back from addiction It's not going to be easy. Breakups are hard no matter the circumstances. But it will get better and you will be okay! Your boyfriend and your boyfriend in active addiction are two completely different people.

It is impossible to have a relationship with someone who is in active addiction. Focus on your self and uncovering the person you were before addiction came into your life... find your happiness again!

'Some people think that it's holding on that makes one strong - SOMETIMES IT'S LETTING GO!'.

Keep your head up! & Welcome back to life