View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 02:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Charliem

Relieved, but taking it step by step.

Well last evening I said me say about... taking back my life....not being part of the "game" anymore...... you have to do it...I can't do it for you......etc etc. Everything I had been rehearsing to say. Everything carefully worded to make sure that it wasn't an attack, that I didn't break her seld esteme down. I don't know what I was expecting.......some denial...the usual whine "Don't you trust me/love me/understand how hard it is?" But the rug was completely pulled out from under me! The response was a very quiet "Yes I know" There was no promises to do something about it later or tomorrow or when ever, rather this deep acknowledgement and acceptance.

This morning I am swinging between wanting to shout from the roof tops, to fighting with the little voice inside saying just wait and see...........

Well I only have today......and that is what I will give thanks for. I will enjoy the peace and love that is back in the house. I will pray that God will help us to stay focused on Him and on the next step.

Thanks for being here for me.