View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Here's a good one...

When AH's business was actually doing well (it's smoldering at this point--nothing left, thanks to his drinking) the fire inspector came to see him and said that he had to pay a $50 inspection fee.

Mr. Big Shot tells the fire inspector to go F himself--he thinks it's just a ruse to get money out of him--scr*w the local laws--he's not going to pay.

Well, he gets a bill for $1000--for not paying the $50. He freaks out and actually calls the mayor, whom he knows personally. The mayor is nice enough to intercede and get the fine down to $500. Does Mr. BigShot pay it? Nooooooo....

That was about a year ago. Just a couple of months ago, our local dog park was being taken over by the township and we supported that--I went to speak in favor. He came, too. I couldn't understand how he could face the mayor when he hadn't paid the fine, but not only did he face the Township Council, he actually joked about how as a small businessman he gets hassled by the fire inspector!!! (this had NOTHING to do with the topic at hand, but he threw it into his speech about the dog park). He thought the speech was a great success because everyone was laughing--including the mayor.

Well, guess who got the last laugh--the mayor. Three days later, he gets a summons in the mail--he's being SUED by the township for over $1000. What an idiot!!

I am totally comfortable that this is HIS PROBLEM. I am NOT fixing it. I'm simply flummoxed that he could be that arrogant.