View Single Post
Old 08-24-2010, 06:13 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by keepinon View Post
I am trying to take care of myself... I am going to have hip surgery on Sept. 10..right in the middle of all this.so there is lots of paperwork and preperations all at one time, but I feel strangely calm about it all. Still keeping my serentity, knowing I am not in control of this and have done my part.. so different than where I was a year ago, panic attacks to the point I couldn't breathe. I will have one year in alanon next month..what a difference it has made for me. Feel overwhelmed by all your love and support..
keepinon, I totally understand the panic attacks that you were having a year ago, because I was right there with you having them too. I couldn't breathe either, and I totally know what your saying. My hair fell out of my head, and I didn't eat or sleep when my son was out there. I went through 3 years of ups and downs without a rest. I understand all that you have been through, and Naranon helped me to learn that my sons life is not more important than my own.

It's amazing what we go through over our own children. When they hurt themselves, we hurt more. It's unbelievable. Your having hip surgery and your calm, and your daughter was out getting high, and you were nuts over it. I've been there too, and I always say there's nothing like a mothers heart. It's the most unselfish love ever. I have totally forgiven my son for the torture and terrorism that he put me through with his drug addiction.

I will say a prayer that your hip surgery goes well, and that you will have a speedy recovery. 4 months ago, I didn't know where my son was, and today, I am packing to go and visit with my totally clean and serene son in Florida.
You will be having a beautiful holiday season with your sober daughter this year. Just for now, one day at a time, lets get through today. And for today, she is alright and safe, and clean. And I am happy for you. GOD BLESS

:ghug3