View Single Post
Old 08-23-2010, 01:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MsPINKAcres
Living in a Pinkful Place

Sharing a little HOPE

So many times - we come here and hear the sad stories ~ the heartbreaking hard truths about this nasty disease -

Newcomers are looking for "success" stories - something to cling to - a chance that their loved one may be a "success" story ~ we usually respond with positive encouragement, sharing our journey, how the success we have discovered has been our own and that regardless of the current state of our loved ones recovery - we ourselves have become a "success" story.

We know that truly everyone is looking probably for the same thing we were looking for when we first came here - HOPE.

Many of you have watched me walk my path and I have shared my story many times - here, at conventions, and various places - we all know that not all of the family members that brought me to this web site are still a member of my family. . . .

BUT one still is - my beautiful daughter (step-daughter actually) Ashley.

You know some of her story, from my perspective - well my friends ~ This wonderful, beautiful, intelligent young woman will be sharing her story to my home group Al-Anon meeting this Wednesday nite as the guest speaker.

That my friend is the HOPE we are looking for ~ what an awesome gift of recovery and a blessing from a Higher Power.

I ask that you please keep her in your thoughts & prayers - she is a tad bit nervous - It will be Wed 8/25 @ 6 pm (cst).

And I of course am a little nervous for her too - probably because I know what it is like to have someone IN long-term recovery and then to lose them to the disease again - One of my biggest fears is that she will follow in her father's footsteps on that path ~ so stressful situations make me concerned for her. But recovery has given me the tools to Let Go and Let Her GOD handle her recovery . . .

Wednesday I will gladly sit in the room and listen to her story - knowing I will hear somethings that will probably be sad, funny, heartbreaking and HOPEFUL -

I pray for each of you that you all have the opportunity to experience the same thing with your loved one - somehow, someday, someway . . .

PINK HUGS,
Rita