View Single Post
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
JenT1968

:rotfxko:

Originally Posted by katie28 View Post
he has started saying that me cutting this girl out of her life caused him to drink and that i was such a B**ch for doing that.

way to take responsibility for your own actions!!

you had a problem with a friends behaviour and decided to distance yourself from her, which is entirely "healthy" behaviour, the whys and wherefores are not important (although FWIW, I would seriously reconsider calling someone a close friend, who behaved as she did, once knowing my pain over the situation, as well).

The reason that he drank and did drugs was that he wanted to. She was/is a convenient mule to facilitate that, if it wasn't her it would have been someone else. and FWIW, my perspective is that her actions harmed your friendship with her, but not your relationship with your ex, that's on him. You didn't make him drink, she didn't make him drink, he made the decision and then found a way to get the job done. She may have saved him the odd drunken taxi ride, or having to call-around aquaintences, or paying for delivery or stockpiling and hiding, but nothing more.

I echo what naive has said, PLEASE don't take his words to heart, they have nothing to do with you, and everything to do with what he has to tell himself to absolve himself of responsibility.