View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 02:58 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
tormentedmirror
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by sadpanda View Post
It feels like my life revolves around the phone now. Waiting, hoping he'll call, never knowing when. I do not like uncertainty, I have (well I guess HAD) my life planned out for the next two years and now it's all in disarray. Which is another part of my problem with dealing.

Thanks Christie, love the smiley!
I went through the same thing. I got over it after about a week. Don't get me wrong, hardly a moment goes by that I don't wonder what she's doing, what she's learning, how she feels...but at some point I had to move. Just move. Focus on work, clean the house, do laundry, go to the grocery store. I guess it's a little easier for me because I do have some contact. If not with her, then with her counselor.

I actually got a lot accomplished today. My housekeeper quit a few weeks ago, so of course with the emotional roller coaster ride, I hadn't really gotten much done around the house. It was quite therapeutic to clean the back splashes, floors and toilets. I think I cleaned up a whole cat worth of fur balls. The laundry is almost caught up, thanks to a wonderful husband who can clean circles around me any day.

I'm trying to have everything done and out of the way by the time she gets home. I want to be able to focus on getting reacquainted, moving forward, and having a good time. We all have much to learn from each other. We're all making changes, for the better.

Panda, don't be sad. Be busy. He'll be home before you know it.