View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
suki44883
RIP Sweet Suki

Sadpanda, I hope you don't leave SR. This truly is a wonderful place for support. Many of us have been where you are and some of us have been where your fiance is. I have been both places and it's is very hard either way. I know when I was away being treated for alcoholism, I needed to take that time to concentrate on ME and my issues. I did not want to think about my daily life outside and what bills needed to be paid or whose turn it was to take out the trash. If I was going to have a chance to beat this illness, I needed to devote all of my strength to what was going on where I was at that moment.

I'm sorry you feel like you are being judged. We all come from different places in our recovery. Some of us started out just like you are now, scared and worried and not sure what to do next. This is all very new to you as your fiance just left this morning. Of course you are confused and scared. Please give us a chance to help you through this.

Something that is said around here is...Take what you need and leave the rest. Of course some posts are going to be more helpful than others, but we all want to help you get through what you are dealing with.