View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 02:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tormentedmirror
Behind the Red Door

Originally Posted by sadpanda View Post
I was under the impression this was a support forum where I would be able to write about and get out how this was making me feel. It seems as if you didn't even read my original post. This is exactly the kind of response I feared when I came here, thank you for letting me know I was right. I didn't come here to be attacked; I thought this would be a safe place for me to express how hurt I am no matter how "self absorbed" YOU think it is. I was about to post something else but not if I'm going to be judged like that. Thanks, I'm never coming back.
It is, and it is. That said, it appears that the only thing you're focusing on is how you feel, and I perceive you as being selfish. Aren't you glad he's getting help? Don't you want to help him get better? Don't you think he has made a wise decision? If you act a certain way and then get called on it, you shouldn't be surprised. He's the one with the addiction. If you think you're lonely, you should walk a mile in his shoes. Addiction is incredibly lonely.

Don't you want to know what your part is in the healing process?