View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sadpanda

Unhappy What am I supposed to do now?

My fiance just checked himself into rehab this morning for alcoholism. I am very proud of him for doing this but I am also extremely sad. How am I supposed to do this alone? He is my best friend and I miss him so much it hurts. (crying as I type this) I feel so guilty for feeling this way which makes it worse. I feel selfish and awful for feeling like this but I just feel so alone and confused. I don't want him to think I don't want him to be there or like I'm trying to guilt him into coming home, but it's so hard to stay strong when I talk to him. I don't know how I'm going to make it!

I don't know how long he's gonna be there, what they're doing, what's going on, nothing! They won't tell me anything! I feel like this is all my fault. I feel lost, like half of me has been ripped away and is being held prisoner by strangers! And I hate how they already act like they have known him forever and act like I'm the stranger. Like I'm going to intentionally sabotage his efforts; I love him, I want to him to get better and be happy. Like they don't have half my heart locked up to where I can't get to it. I had no idea how hard this would be and now I feel so alone.

I'm not sure what I'm saying, I just had to say it...