View Single Post
Old 08-20-2010, 04:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
coffeedrinker

Originally Posted by waiting313 View Post
And we did cave in and spend a night together, talking and holding each other the other night. We both knew it was to create a good parting memory and that it wouldn't happen again. I think it probably won't be something my therapist praises, but I did it. It happened. It was a perfect memory. And hopefully it won't be something that I regret later. We just genuinely care so much for one another, and since being honest with each other
I did this too, waiting.

We had parted, he really wanted me to still attend a wedding reception with him and after debating for two weeks, talking to my therapist about it, I quietly got dressed up, left my house, and showed up at the party. Some of his family was there, so happy to see me (who all live out of town), so I talked to a couple of them, received support and compassion, and he and I had a beautiful last dance together - something I had always wanted yet we had never in all our years done. Even though it was weird to go as his date, I put my weirdness on the shelf and followed my heart. I can't always follow my heart, for I've learned that it is not a good barometer of what is best for me, but I did not regret that last act of love between us.

You are doing what you need to do now, to move on.

Peace...