Thread: What do I do?
View Single Post
Old 08-19-2010, 06:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
groybin

Bandaide,

So sad to read your posting today. I just left my ABF last week. It was very hard, but the best advice I can give to you is to have a plan.

Several times I gave him the benefit of the doubt, he promised to get better, go to AA, etc. It never happened. I finally had enough of his lies and his playing on the emotions of myself and his ex-wife.

We weren't living together, so it was easier to tell him that I was making plans to leave. He didn't believe me and I kept my plan to myself until I found a place and put down a deposit. I sent him a text the day I left to let him know how serious I was about ending the insanity. His calls were blocked and I took it one step further by changing my number.

It is hard, I still love him, but last night I slept so peacefully, it was wonderful to wake up on my own without dreading what sort of drama this new day will bring. I am no longer slave to his alcoholic lifestyle.

Do what feels right for you, take it one step at a time, know that you ALWAYS have options.. This is your life Bandaide!