View Single Post
Old 08-18-2010, 11:04 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Duped

Originally Posted by seekingcalm View Post
This has been such a helpful thread. This is exactly what I went through. And I almost did go insane. If it were not for al anon and SR, I would not have had the courage to say, "I know you are drinking, and sneaking, and lying about it, and this is not what I signed up for". And he told me to get out if I did not like it, so I did. I was so scared, and hurt and sad, I was physically sick to my stomach. But that moment saved my life. I am convinced of that.
It did save your life, seekingcalm. I too stood up to my ex, and said, listen, your drinking is a problem. To which her reply was, "Get out, get out you SOB." and that was pretty much it. Once I confronted the demon of her alcoholism, that was it for me. That was last year and I have only seen her in person once since then. All because she was incapable of overcoming her problem. Not once have I seen her in 2010, only spoken on the phone - she refuses to see me in person, which is pretty much fine by me.

EDIT:

Actually, it's funny, it's like she mirrors my decision to go no contact now, except for the times where she gets tipsy and decides to phone and accuse me of all sorts of crap.