View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 08:15 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Christie said:
But then at times, during an arguement, say about money, he will say things to confuse the situation (me). And my head his spinning.

But sometimes I think he may not even be aware he's doing it, or just trying to end the fight. Or maybe it's just a habit and thinks that's the way it is supposed to be? Or maybe during a time when we are both heated things are just said?

Are these possible reasons?
And if so how to stop it? How do I respond?
Yes, it could be both. He could be doing it on purpose sometimes and he could not be aware sometimes. If your head is spinning, of course his head could be spinning too.

Try not arguing. It's not healthy for ANYONE, alcoholic, sober, recovering, or other. Investigate what part you play in the arguing and fighting, determine where you can mature yourself, then make the changes you need to make to grow some. That's what I do anyway. You could resolve not to start a fight. You could resolve that once a conversation TURNS INTO a fight that you will just walk away and come back to it later.

Of course, it could be entirely him (I have acquaintances who LIKE to tease people, create arguments, and fight.) I disassociate myself from people like that-don't need that $hit in my life.