View Single Post
Old 08-16-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
puddinface

Son moved back home....

Well it's been quite a bit since I've written here....and im feeling the need for my support friends yet once again. (Thank god I have this place to come to). My 23 yr old AS was not living with me for quite a while (living at his alcoholic dads house..) and I was living quite peaceful (you know the saying "What you dont know doesnt hurt you...) He really was doing quite well...went on Suboxone program, weened himself off, working full time and recently signed up to go to school full time. All wonderful positive things! I couldnt have been prouder! He asked if he could come back to live with my husband and I (due to the fact that dad was moving out of state) and I agreed it would be ok (being that he had his life together, was attending school here and seemed to be on the right track.) Well... let my aggravation begin. I already have feelings that something is not right. I already cannot sleep at night and am having heart palpitations worrying about this kid. He is staying out until all hours and still hanging out with the same crowd of partiers. I just have that burning feeling that he is relapsing again and Im beginning to think that it was a mistake letting him move back in. I never thought I would be back at this point again. I absolutely love this boy because he is my son...I just dont know if I can deal with this again....