View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 08:07 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by coffeedrinker View Post
The timing of this is working for me. Although maybe I wouldn't be a mess if it had come years earlier...but, moot point at this moment.

N.L.I. and I have had very candid and honest conversations. Just today he shared with me that he is feeling a tad bit of ambivalence. "Not sure why, but I just want to be honest with you."
Now, the funny thing is, I have been feeling a bit of that on my side as well. (Although to tell the truth I think I do know why, and shared it.)

Why I said it was funny, was because as soon as I read those words (email) it felt like a kick in the stomach.

There is also something very personal that I said maybe we should approach as a discussion, and he said he isn't ready to.

Another kick. again.

So....the kick in the stomach part.
In my HEAD, I think, "he is giving you the honest communication you desire. He is not saying goodbye, or "let's take a break" or "you really bug me" but it feels that way. I feel rejected. I feel like, "hey do you know how terrific a person I am? Why aren't you crazy about me?"

So, it's ok for me to not be crazy about every aspect of who he is, but he can't feel un-crazy about my every aspect?

I'm not trying to hijack, but I have been ruminating about this, looking at it from a bunch of directions, trying to just be at peace with it all, working on acceptance....all day long. I have a ton of anxiety inside and as much as (again my head) says "you don't even know yet if this is the man you might want to commit to" I am spinning. Thinking "but he has so many great attributes." and "I don't wanna let him get away in case I do decide one day that I want to stick with him."

So, it could just be a human-nature thing, me wanting to be in the driver's seat (who doesn't) but I THINK it's this abandonment stuff triggering such an intense response. I've been holding back my horses for 9 hours but the scared little girl wants to call him - somehow seek reassurances.

God, help me. Susan Anderson, come to me. I need you!
Man I definitely get it.

With me, it seems like I get pretty healthy while single, or between relationships. Even in the beginning, I can maintian some sense of health, but then slowly the worm turns. Then I loose myself somehow. Then ALL is lost.

This has NEVER stopped me from "hopping back in the saddle" till now. I've got this little person to rear, and the fear of "getting lost" in a woman, and "abandoning" my child is stopping me. Pretty sure she'll have plenty to tell her counselors later on without my "help".

Four and a half years and counting......I think I'll be O.K. to risk it when she's a little older, maybe 12 or so, when she gets into her own friends and doesn't want anything to do with me any way! Maybe not.

Also I noticed different N.L.I's, can either naturally ease, or make this anxiety worse. But I do remember where you are right now. I don't envy those feelings.

Your situation should be a good test for the DAMN BOOK.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote