View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 06:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
posiesperson

Oh boy.

I haven't even gotten my copy yet (on it's way, according to Amazon) and just by reading your posts here I'm all fired up inside.

I'm feeling something that's about taking care of others in the midst of feeling abandoned. Yes, that's it. Ever since I was 5, when there was a major loss in my family, I decided I would take care of everyone else--that I didn't need anything for myself except for my family to be "normal" and "happy" again. So therefore feeling abandoned=caretaking/codependency.

So that's why, as I read your posts, I find myself feeling what seems like compassion toward my exs (both the one who was emotionally abusive/ACOA, and the one who was actively alcoholic/ACOA). I feel like I want to send them the link to this discussion, to buy them the book, because now THEIR wounds are already so much clearer to me, oh yeah, and I can help them....YUCK.

Don't worry, not headed down the track for a relapse here, keeping up my NC, but wow, that was a surprise.

Thanks for the insights with the discussion, albeit painful. This book (and this discussion) are going to be something else.

Coyote, special hug to you on this Sunday evening...

Hugs all around,
posie