View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 09:09 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  
luckedog

I agree recycle, we have to maintain an optimistic view of the future. Most of our pasts aren’t worth much value except that we learned something many others don’t, and many never will, drinking/using isn’t worth the misery and pain it caused us and our loved ones!

“But all in all I am so grateful for this day, this life, this opportunity. It would seem disrespectful moan about the past. I am who I am scars and all."-recycle

"Regret eats at me sometimes but I can't do much about it other than look ahead." -Windysan

"It wasn't all bad; it just became more trouble than it was worth."-gneiss

"Then came recovery where I begun to realize that I was suffering greatly even when I was able to hold a job. Just as much as I suffered without the ability to work."-Zencat

I hear an awful lot of regret on SR though, and think that there is a benefit in viewing the addiction we have all suffered with as an opportunity....thoughts?" -LaFemme

We have learned something many will never figure out- drinking/using isn’t worth the misery and pain it caused us and those we care about!! Lots of people are still out there in that "VISCOUS CIRCLE" called addiction. I encourage all of us don’t loose focus or get sidetracked! Recovery should be priority # one. WE can’t change one minute of the past but we CAN change the future! I watched the movie "A Knights Tale" with Heath Ledger. After he made that movie and a few more he died of a O.D. on prescription drugs, at the height of his acting career. During a scene in that movie(as a young peasant boy he asks his father " Can a man really change his stars?".... We have been handed that opportunity, but we must work hard to keep it. I'm glad to be in a group of folks that are focused on our recovery, and are willing to help each other get to that destination.