View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 12:24 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
phineas

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
Phineas, I don't think you quite

The question for you now is, how did you manage to get yourself so involved with (and ENGAGED TO) someone who is so messed up? The reason you want to investigate that now is so that you don't wind up making the same mistake again, and so that you don't MARRY the same kind of person. Because we do tend to pick the same type of person over and over again for relationship partners. I strongly suggest Al-Anon as a place to start doing this research on yourself.
I don't know who this person is! I knew she had issues, and I knew she could get mean when she was drinking (not against me, against everyone else in the world), but I've never seen such behavior with her in the past. She was very attached to me and had some fear of abandonment, but I guess my finally leaving really drove her over the edge. Up until a few days ago she was such a sweet person! an alcoholic, but still a sweet and loving person. Now it's a person I've never seen before. Her personality changed completely.
I will never understand that, but I don't care anymore. I just want this to go away, mourn the loss of my love, and move on with my life.