View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 05:03 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Freedom1990

Originally Posted by Joslyn View Post
I would ask him to leave our home as to not disrupt our kids, get our financial situation in order, will have to pull our kids out of schools they love and "try" to sell our house, as I need both of our incomes to live the lifestyle we have now. I just feel like if I make this choice, the biggest impact is a huge blow to my kids' education.
I would highly encourage you to hop over to the Adult Children forum here and read what a huge impact it is on kids to grow up in an alcoholic home, as well as draw on your own experience in growing up in an alcoholic home.

Would it be a big adjustment for your kids in a new school? Yes.

How about a lifetime of therapy for your kids if they remain in this situation?

My sponsor has often told me over the years that sometimes all my choices suck, and I just have to pick the best one out of the bunch.

You are the only voice those children have.

They need one stable and emotionally present parent, and your husband doesn't qualify.

I drank again after 4 years sober, and there was no one to pick me up.

When I was sick and tired of being sick and tired, I drug myself up that long flight of stairs to my home AA group and started over again.

My now adult children have known me as a sober parent for 20 years now.

Please check out local Alanon meetings for yourself. Get your hands on a copy of the book "Codependent No More" by Melody Beattie. I'd also recommend some counseling for you and the children.

I hope you continue to post, and know you are among people who understand.