Thread: Sick Mother
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 09:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Makeithappen

It takes a few posts to get the whole picture across, but I learned something even from the posts that don't pertain to this particular situation. I learned, there is nothing worse for an addict, than the drug itself, I will never enable an addict, thanks to the info from you guys, the consequences cannot compare to the problem.

I'm planning getting her a home nurse, she has to qualify, because she's on a fixed income, and she also has military insurance. The thing I'm hoping helps her the most, is she craves family life, and spending time with her children, Her biggest complaint has always been being loneliness.

I have read some of you guys threads, and you are some of the bravest people I've ever come across. Very few people can take an honest look at themselves, and make a stand against their own flaws.

I will pray for victory against the demons you guys face, because it's so much easier to make excuses for failure, than it is to strive for victory. Thanks for the kind words, you guys have given me a little more resolve to face this problem.

If anyone comes across any useful info, or has a similar experience to share, I would definitely wanna hear it.

You guys are my heroes