Old 08-12-2010, 11:41 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Chino

I only share this when the time is right and this is one of those times. Back in '92, I went into anaphylactic shock and very briefly died. The ER doc told me afterward if I had waited a few more minutes to come to the ER, I would not have survived it.

I saw the white light that others talk about and it was blinding. But what I felt is what stays with me more than anything else. The best way for me to describe it is to reference giving birth, and the outpouring of love I felt, except that I was the conscious recipient of all that love. It was so overwhelming that I cried tears of joy when I came back to 'earth'. I told everyone and anyone that listened, that it was like being bathed in euphoria.

I remember the journey back and I saw stars all around me as the light receded. I cried from joy and sadness, too, that I was no longer in that light and warmth.

Then there's my ethnic, spiritual background. I come from a long line of medicine men and women, spiritual guides (we don't call them shamans). I come from a ghost clan and we're considered the gatekeepers between this world and the next. I have seen and felt my loved ones from the other side, things that have no rational explanation. They are always here to guide me and all I have to do is ask, be willing to see and listen.

I look at all that I have been privileged to experience, as my Creators promise that we live and are loved eternally and our spirit never dies.

I know I can't convince you of any of this. All I can say is that in my experience, all of our loved ones who have passed on, are there just beyond our grasp, waiting and willing to share that love and euphoria that they have received. It's too much to hold, it has to be shared