Thread: Sick Mother
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Makeithappen

Thanks guys for answering so quickly, I realise you can't give any medical advice, but if you can point us in the right direction, she is not violent, but we're more afraid she'll hurt herself, during one of those fits of rage, we haven't moved her in yet, but we love her and we have to try to help, we have turned our home into a duplex, so she has her own separate living space. We have no idea which steps to take to help someone with an addiction, which is proving deadly, but we know the alcohol will kill her, her heart isn't beating fast enough.

I will definitely check into Alanon meetings in our area, and read through the stickies for insight. I believe God helps them that help themselves, if we get the ball rolling, He'll help push it along. My MIL is a great person, that has worked hard, and helped others all her life, and I feel we as family are partly to blame for ignoring her problem, untill her health has declined. It is our duty to help, if we fail, we fail, but we won't give up.