Old 08-11-2010, 10:53 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  
Supercrew

The last 18 months of my drinking career the routine was 4 24 ounce beers at about 12:30 PM on Thursday while driving home, get home and drink another 6-8 12 ounce beers, take a break and workout before the wife got home normally coach a youth sports practice, eat dinner polish of about half of a 750ml bottle of vodka before bed. Wake up Friday and either pop 2 beers at 7:30AM or I would have a large bottle of hard lemonade, unless I had a meeting, if I had a meeting I would hold off until 11:30AM then start with the 4 24 ouncers again and repeat with about a 12 pack that night and then the other half of the bottle of Vodka. Saturday is where it gets blurry, being that I would start drinking as soon as I finished walking the dog and could get away from the wife, then pace myself with about two beers every hour until the wife and kids went to bed and I would hit another half of a 750ml vodka bottle. Sunday I would slow up on the beer normally sleep in a little and finish the other half of the vodka bottle that night. If I went heavier on Sunday for whatever reason I would roll Sunday in to Monday then taper off but would normally have a 1/2 bottle of vodka while watching Monday night football and then Intervention. I would not drink Tuesday's!! Tuesday seemed like a great day to stay sober!:0 I would normally drink Wednesday night about 3-6 beers and another 1/2 bottle of vodka. Then I would take Thursday AM off and do it all over again.

Believe it or not that schedule didn't give me much of a problem, and my body got pretty used to it, where I had problems was when I drank hard, which would happen 1 or 2 weekends a month when I drank with my friends, then I didn't moderate as well as I did during the week. Normally this would have me drinking anywhere from 10-15 pitchers of beer normally between 2 or 3 guys over a 4 hour period with shots of tequila, yaeger and what ever anyone else felt like putting in a shot glass in about 20 minute intervals, then i would go home have a beer or 2 and then hit the Vodka until it was empty.

Looking back I must have been a very thirsty guy! And also a complete idiot!!