Old 08-11-2010, 10:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
yorkiegirl

Thank you for sharing. Yes, I feel your clarity too. I relate to all of the second-guessing. Listen to that voice within you. I left my AH a year ago. It took me a couple of years to finally carry out my departure. I first starting by separating my finances (closing joint accounts and opening my own). Then, I had to figure out where I would go since my AH was not going to leave and I no longer wanted any drama. I had to muster up the courage. While I was still thinking I wanted out (versus acting it out), I told my AH a few times, "If there are no changes, I may not be here much longer." I'm sure he thought it was just another empty threat. I moved my things (and my child's things, whatever I could take ) over a couple day period. It was hard, even though I knew I was doing the right thing for myself and our child. I left him a note. He was stunned at first (could not believe it).
I know you will find the way that works for you. I will be thinking of you. Just as you found the clarity, you will find what you need to do. Best to you.