Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
chicory

Spiritual Seeker,
My heart aches for you. Even tho I believe in the eternal life, I feel it is so hard to be left behind , but we have to go on, for the rest of our family, friends, and ourselves. As we would want our loved ones to do, should we leave them behind.

When my mother died, her face appeared above me one night, in my sleep, in the most vivid hallucination/dream. She had the most lovely glow, and looked perfectly at peace, and was smiling as if to tell me that she was perfect now-no longer the alcohol ravaged woman who died too soon. She looked to be about 30ish- just perfect and serene and full of love. She did not say a word, but I felt the most intense love that you could imagine. Due to her alcoholism , we had never had a good relationship. This dream made me forgive her, for it told me that she was not the same woman anymore.

The amazing thing- my sister describes the same dream about the same time- just our mothers face above us. and we both described how she looked and felt perfectly happy and complete.

When i lost my beloved cat Tember to kidney disease two years ago, this September, I was so heartbroken. She was very special to me. I was dreading the one year anniversary of her going to the "rainbow bridge".The week of the one year anniversary, one day I was cleaning out the closet and I found an old negative. I could see it was her. I had it developed, and it was the most lovely picture of her, in her healthiest prime. I feel strongly that it was a gift from her.

There are so many things that I have seen, or been told, about signs from our darling ones gone on ahead of us. I feel that life continues, in another perfect form, and they wait for us. I just believe that life goes on and on, and that love keeps us connected.

I am so sorry dear lady, for your pain. It is in direct proportion to how much we love, as deep as our love. Your son sounds like a very loving young man. I too, envy the relationship between you two. I could only wish that my son would want to share something with me, as your son did with you.

That precious token, perhaps he is making sure that in your sorrow, you remember how much he loves you.

My thoughts are with you. He is with you, always. Ever near. That is what I truly believe.