View Single Post
Old 08-11-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
lisa41580

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
It sounds to me like he's pretty much made his desires known. He wants some peace and wants to be left alone for a while. He was ready to just end the relationship but you talked him out of it. Not to sound harsh, but repeatedly calling and texting when he doesn't respond sound like maybe he's feeling a bit smothered.

Whether he is drinking or not is really beside the point. You are feeling upset and hurt by his behavior and actions. Maybe you should just step back for a while and give him some space.

Thanks for the response. It's all so much easier said than done. I wish he could just tell me he wants some space (if that is really what's going on). There are things I need too...I am going crazy over here. Yes, I am very upset and hurt...to say the least. Not to mention anxious and on the verge of crying all the time. I just hate not knowing. Maybe I'm in denial, but I don't think he was ready to "just end the relationship"...things are usually great. He's been "in a funk" lately (his words, not mine) just because he's on a break from school and, because of that, has been really bored. His boredom has turned into depression, and the depression has gotten worse and worse. That's when things started to get rough... You're right, I probably do need to step back and let him sort things out. I hope I can.