View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
VJohnson787

This is supposed to be good news?...

A lot has happened in the last 24 hours for my sister. She came to my parents and admitted (much to our surprise) that she has a problem with the pills and wants to get clean again. She has given her pills to her husband who is now going to be monitoring her intake. I’m not sure how I feel about this as he has been sitting on the side lines not doing much about the problem to begin with. He counted her pills as soon as he got them. Her prescription was filled just one week ago today with 180 pills of Dilaudid. There were 40 left. This is mind boggling for me. That being said, I do not believe that she took all 140 pills. I think she took a good portion of them, but she has made comments about pills she got from a “friend” being secretly laced with ectacy and cocaine and that are what has been making her act so differently lately. I personally think she traded some of the pills for the others, and is trying to cover up that she relapsed with cocaine. It makes perfect sense for her personality. This is the girl that when she was told to never bring "A single cigarette" into our house again (during her teen years), would bring a pack in, simply to say that she didn't bring a "single cigarette" in. I hope that this is the bottom, the very rock bottom of this situation. I would like to know from anyone out there that has similar pill addictions, is there a way to wean off them safely? I know that she will be in a lot of pain if she goes through with detoxing on her own. What is a "safe" amount to cut her down to? The last thing we want to do is put her in more physical danger. Advise?