View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 11:03 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Angelic17

Originally Posted by BklynGrl View Post
Thanks everyone for your support and kind words yesterday. As expected he didn't go into treatment yesterday. Apparently he's trying to get things squared away with work, he's going to go in today for a few hours give them his keys, go home and get some sleep and then go in Wednesday morning. Yeah right, I don't believe it for a second.

I haven't spoken to him since Friday now he sends me at least three text messages a night. At fist it was stuff about how committed he is to make it right and getting better. Now it's mundane stuff. I'm consider calling today but I know that it won't be a productive conversation and I'm too mad to talk to him.

His mom says if he's not in by the weekend she's going to come down and "put some pressure on him." I think it's pointless but it's her prerogative.

I still know leaving was right but the commute to work from my dad's house is killing me and I miss my cats and bed. All I want to do is cry I'm overtired and emotional and scared about the future.

Just get through today BklynGrl. This is a temporary situation in your life. It won't be like this forever. This will pass, and better days are ahead. Sounds like his mother is an enabler. Give all of your fears to your higher power. Don't have fear, it is useless, and changes nothing. Be strong, and know that your doing the right thing.

:ghug3