Old 08-09-2010, 05:43 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
LaTeeDa

Originally Posted by CatCountry View Post
He met me at the hotel and we rented a car and drove to our destination. (about an hour and a half) It was comfortable. We talked, we laughed. We checked into the hotel, left the bags in the room and went to explore the place. We ended up at the pool bar to have a drink. I'll say were at the pool bar for 2 hours. I had a mixed drink and a little later a beer. I was hungry and didn't want to drink too much. He had a beer and a shot...then another beer and another shot...then another beer and another shot (I lost count). I dragged him out of there (trashed) to get something to eat. I found out later that he didn't even remember going out to eat, or ordering my dinner for me while I went to the ladies room. This is just my first few hours there, never mind later that evening. (I drank too, but not to excess)
So this was your first date? The one where each person is on their best behavior trying to make a good first impression?

Just a guess, but I imagine you probably picked up the tab for it, too?

And now he's singing your praises on Facebook? And you're worried about hurting him?

Apologies, but it sounds like a chapter right out of the "Alcoholic Manual on How to Hook an Enabler."

If it were me, I would keep it as simple as possible. i.e. "I just don't think this is working out for me."

L