Old 08-09-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Supercrew

Thanks LaFemme! I do understand that once you find out you are allergic to shellfish, common sense would tell you never to eat shellfish again, but I have a problem solving type of personality. And over the past 41 days, I have put myself in many situations where I could have easily had a drink, but I chose not to, and I intend to continue on that way, and it has been alot easier for me this time around with the knowledge that I have gain from this site and the people that post here. That being said, I could never figure out, why I could drink a case of beer and half a bottle of vodka, and be drunk as a skunk barely able to walk, knowing there was no way I could get any drunker, and yet pour myself another drink. I would sit there in a drunken stupor, sipping my 25th drink and wonder to myself, "why would you do it, you can't get any drunker, and you are only going to feel worse in the AM". Yet I would finish that tumbler of booze. I never was able to say, "Oh, that's right, my brain is wired wrong, I react to alcohol differently than others, you aren't going to get any higher", and let common sense kick in. I know the AA mantra of never being cured from alcoholism, and that is why I posted the question here, because it seems as though most of the people in the secular arena are a little more open minded. I'm am not saying that having a greater knowledge of your problem will cure you, but I was wondering if anyone had taken a shot to see if being more self aware of what is going on physically has helped anybody if they did drink again. The more I learn the better off I will be. I don't want to experiment myself, because I am feeling very strong about my 41 days, and I am proud that I am staying sober. I really don't think I will ever have a problem again, but I am still curious about my addiction.