View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Suzie12

Hi Tant,

So sry for your troubles, they make mine seem miniscule by comparison. Gosh I dont know what to say, and am certainly not qualified to be advising you on this.

What I will say though is that her children are all of age? The youngest being 18, so I assume you are not their biological father?

I think that your feelings of responsibility has to end, you have done all you can for her. I know that it is not easy to get people comitted in the Uk even if it is for their own good so that may not be an option.

You may find it helpful to telephone the Social Services,explain the situation and tell them that you are ready to leave ( they have a vunerable young persons section that may be able to help find the children some constructive professional advice and maybe even some young persons accommodation that would remove them from the situation.) They also have departments where professionals will go and see your wife assess the situation and act on any suicidal tendancies that she displays.

I think you are entitled to a decent life of your own and have gone beyond the call of duty in respect to how much you have tried to help your wife and it looks from what you said, you cannot do anymore, they is simply no way you can help her.

You cannot go on being held to ransom like this hun, and all the effort, money and self sacrificies you are making, just are not working. Maybe it is time to walk away.

Let the guilt you feel go hun, it is a typical addicts reaction to any criticism "I drank because of this, I drank because of that" we blame our own failings on everybody else. You dont have anything to feel guilty about, most people would have walked away before now.

God bless