Old 08-09-2010, 09:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Supercrew

I was just looking at the knowledge that I now have regarding my problem. I always thought it was a mental weakness, not a truly physical thing that made me different than other drinkers. This is the second time that I have waged an all out war at getting sober and both attempts have been successful, the first time I planned on quitting for a year, and I did. This time I said never again, and I plan on following through on it. But I do feel that now I have a greater knowledge of my problem it isn't as hard for me, (after 40 some days sober), to steer clear of booze and not want it entirely.

I knew by writing this post that I would get alot of feedback regarding, "why would you ever drink again", but I was just curious to see if the more knowledge you have about your problem makes it easier to stop it, or whether that new knowledge makes it easier for your alcoholic mind to give in and say "now I understand what's going on, I can control it".

Again, I am living my life one day at a time as far as my drinking is concerned, but by learning more about the physical aspects of my ailment, I do feel more powerful against it. I was just looking to see if anyone had tested the theory and drank again, and if they did after understanding their problem in a greater sense, whether it made any kind of difference. It was just a question I was pondering, because I do feel that I am much stronger now that I have the knowledge of why I have always been the person who doesn't know when to say when, it wasn't just because I am a weak minded individual who is a drunk. But thank you all for your input.