View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 09:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Suzie12

Hiya hun,

Welcome I think you did the right thing giving him some space to think over what is happening in both your lives atm. In my experience as an alcoholic myself what he is actually drinking and what you think he is drinking is probably not the same. I dont want to sound like I am throwing out accusations as I dont know the guy, but nearly all alcoholics hide the extent of their drinking from their loved ones, mostly because they know that what they are doing is not right and is harmful and are ashamed of themselves. Most alcoholics when they know they are in trouble with drink tend to hope "they can keep it under control" they never intend to get blind drunk, but to an alcoholic one or two drinks is never enough and they do in fact end up blind drunk.

He already knows he has a drink problem what he now needs to realise is that he cannot drink anymore.

Whether you continue to live with him or not he will continue to drink until he makes his own mind up that he is not going to, If that happens both of you will have a dramatic life change.

I hope this is the kick up the bum he needs.

Keep talking to us dont worry about rambling, sometimes doing that helps us considerable.

Suzie x