Thread: OT-I am so sad
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 10:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
HoopNinja

People are still looking but in the meantime we have made some changes around the home to make his anxiety lower, he is on meds, more walks, more Frisbee time. Behaviorist wants to re-evaluate him in a week. In the meantime he can only be with the kids when he is with me and I am in full command and not distracted. So far this weekend it has been successful.

Behaviorist is going to come over and watch him with the kids to see if she sees anything to indicate he is singling out. So far all she has seen is a higly protective state when it comes to me and the kids--and my family.

He is not allowed around other dogs. She said if this does not work she will personally work on rehoming him. She knows the kids have already lost a lot and she knows how they have bonded-so she wants to give it a week to see what we can do to change his surroundings.

But I am on red alert when he is around with the kids-but not in a state of nervousness so Murph is nervous.

Yesterday he was much calmer. Life is more predictable and his barking wildly has decreased about 70%.

If an excellent rehoming situation comes up I will accept it. The kids know that this is a possibility. Older DS instantly understood it and made an incredible analogy-- said we would sort of be doing what his birthmom did--find a better place for Murph so he can have a better life. He is a smart boy.