View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
chrissieo83

Originally Posted by liesagain View Post
sorry your going thru this

the thing is, he KNOWS your there for him thats why he keeps calling after hes been out using
as far as helping him goes the only way you can truely Help him is to NOT help him

drugs are every where its not just on his job

stick around read the sticky notes others will be along soon with support

also its a good idea to look for an alanon meeting or a naranon meeting to learn about how to care for yourself
Thank you for the reply. I guess what I'm confused about is that I'm not sure if me being there for him to talk to is an enabling thing. Should I stop talking to him? Can I include him in any plans to the beach or fishing or anything or just keep it distant? I tell him my point of view on what he's going through and have tried to talk to him about it but he resists, so most of the time we just b.s. and vent about our day or whatever's going on. He has told me there is nothing I can really DO, but I think he just needs to know that he's got a good friend rootin for him.

And I know the drugs are everywhere but it just seems like he was able to turn them down before he got this job... he's with this guy for 8-10 hours a day, 5days a week and often ends up picking him up or dropping him off because he does not have a car or ride to work which at first he was really freaked out about because he knew what might happen.... I know that's turned out to be a good excuse for him tho

And yes I will try to find a local meeting or at least get into an online forum. Thanks again