Thread: Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 08:31 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ThatLittleGirl
ThatLittleGirl

I have dreams like that too...a couple of weeks ago I had a dream where my husband was attempting to open the cage of these tigers (my husband loves big cats...it was always a stop we made at the zoo). So he kept insisting he could go in and pet them and they wouldn't hurt him. I kept feeling this dread knowing that sooner or later, they would eat him alive. So I voiced my concern, but the next thing I know, he's sitting in the cage of a huge tiger and petting its head... I was stunned and scared to death...but I just shook my head and thought he was crazy to be in there...but I walked away from the cage to go talk to someone else in the room... The next thing I hear is a tremendous roar and I see my exah running for his life...and I'm hoping he's faster than this tiger and can escape...as I think this I see the tiger come up behind him and follow him into the room he was trying to escape to... I remember "knowing" he was going to die... I woke up with my heart pounding...thinking just like you, I HATE these kind of dreams...absolutely hate how it makes me feel...

So you are not alone...and dreams are just that...a dream...it doesn't have to be our reality... Perhaps it's just a reflection of our unexpressed fears...it brings issues to the forefront of our conscience mind so that we're forced to face and deal with these thoughts constructively. I know mine caused me to face a real fear of mine...that my exah will eventually die at the hands of his addiction... I wish you the best!