Thread: OT-I am so sad
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 03:53 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
transformyself
I Love Who I Am

Wife, I've told you this recently, but you really remind me of myself. Good, maybe someone can take the new record on having threads locked.

I surrendered a dog that was TOTALLY glitched out. Took her to a no kill bully rescue after we worked with her for weeks (she was 3 months old and visciously guarding food, toys and space.) She would lunge and attack when you walked by. MY kids were relieved when she left. I found out recently that the no kill bully rescue couldn't help her, moved her to a trainer who couldn't unglitch her and she was "humanely euthinized." This from dedicated animal lovers!

No one can tell you for sure, 100% that your dog won't snap for whatever reason and hurt your kids. I support you, think you're wise to find him a good home where he gets what he needs and your little ones are outside of that realm of potentially being harmed.

I'd never seen anything like my little dog that I surrendered, she was aggressive and after she nailed one of my boys she was gone that day. If the cat wakes me up at 4am much longer he'll be looking for a new home too My AH left him with me when he moved into his place and I've had about enough of his constant meowing and pacing at night.

I am sorry this is happening to you right now, but I'm sure you can find a place for him where he'll be happier and put his skills to a good use.

The narcotics dog I have major issues with, but that's because i work for cops who want to end the drug war.

The important thing is your families safety and sanity. You're brilliant enough to find him the perfect home, and after his loyalty to you he deserves it.

Oh, and don't be surprised by the level of emotion. Crap, you've got tons of other stuff going on right now, losing your best friend must be awful!

Sending you hugs