View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 02:46 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

Please protect your finances now. If it's cocaine or meth you and your sweet little daughter are in for an ugly ride.

Maybe start working on some boundaries for yourself - based on the kind of behavior you find acceptable around you and your child. Don't make them about drugs. That's easy to lie about.

Examples of boundaries are:

I will not use my hard earned money to bail family members our of jail.

I will not lie to protect people from the consequences of their actions.

It is not ok for people to say they will be somewhere and then not show up. If someone does this to me, I will no longer include them in my plans.

I will not allow someone to act in a disrespectful manner towards me in front of my daughter. If this happens I will take my daughter and leave the situation immediately.

I do not allow swearing or bad language around my daughter, if this happens I will ask you to stop. If you do not stop, I will ask you to leave. If you don't leave when I ask I will the house immediately.

I would also start putting money away... in a place he can't get it... just in case.

And I would start attending al-anon meetings or something so I would have a strong support network around me for when sh-t hits the fan. Because if it's cocaine or meth... sh-t will hit the fan sooner or later. It's just a matter of time.