View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:04 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Learn2Live
To thine own self be true.

Originally Posted by ExCordis View Post
Well,there's a lot that I want to do with my life.I want to go into the Air Force or either do something in medical,like become a certified nurse anesthetist.I'm currently in college full time and work part time.I'm actually 19,and yes I believe it's quite crazy myself that I'm already going to AA meetings.I can do all these things without him,and I plan on to.I'm starting to realize,after reading many posts from here,that I have to learn to let go,and let myself live.Yet,for some reason I'm still clinging on.I think it's that fear that wants me to stay,when it use to be hope.
That is awesome that you have so many things that you want to do with your life! Especially at age 19! So why do you suppose you have latched onto this guy in particular? Do you envision him going with you when you join the Air Force? Or being there when you go to nursing school? Is he helping you some way in accomplishing these goals? Where does he fit in the dream of your life?

Or is it like you say just fear of letting go that keeps you hanging onto this guy? What steps can you take in the direction of what YOU want to do for YOUR life that will get you one little step away from him? The Obama Administration just awarded $159.1 Million in grants for training nurses and geriatric care workers. I'm not sure which schools or states are getting that money but you might be able to get nursing school paid for.