Thread: Unreal
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
NightandDay

Most everyone here eventually realizes that what they think is going on is not the same thing as reality. And it never ends so long as their friend or family member chases the high.

You did not cause this.
You cannot control this.
You cannot cure this.
He owns his own recovery or not.
I am pretty new to my own recovery, it's only been about a month. My boyfriend went to rehab for painkiller addiction and now he's out. . . it just keeps going. This medication, that medication, suboxone or not suboxone. . . I couldn't keep track of all his medications and drugs and lies and I was losing my mind.

I got myself to Al-Anon. I've been 7 times. I've met a few great people who I can call and talk to. I hear a lot of hope in the meetings from people who have been in situations similar to mine.

I come here to SR and read others stories and post when something is bothering me.

It's not easy, but for the first time in a long time I have HOPE. Hope that my life doesn't have to be this huge disaster/crisis. Hope that I am enough and I can support and love myself back to healthy thinking and healthy action.

It really is a family disease. My mind was so warped when I finally gave in and asked for help. Starting the 12 steps has given me a new perspective and strength.

Keep posting here, you will get a lot of support.