View Single Post
Old 08-06-2010, 08:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ExCordis

Thanks for the support,thats really what I've been needing the past couple of days.I've been fighting with myself whether or not to stay with him.I know the people that care about me don't want me to stay with him,and I feel that they're tired of me talking about his problems,so I don't tell anyone anything anymore...and with that I feel like I'm suffering alone.

The funny thing is(well it's not really funny literally) that his older sister is married to a recovering alcoholic/drug addict. She knows what her brother is going through,and has given me advice.Right now she and her husband are doing well and are living in the Virgin Islands.

His parents have told me that his drinking has been going on for 7 years at least,and he has done drugs as well.I'm not sure if he's doing them now.I know the people he hangs out with are not good,and it sucks because they live close by to him.Another thing is that his two cousins have had problems with drinking as well. From what his parents told me,before he started drinking,he was a very good kid and always did what he was told.One day I asked him where it all started,and he said it was when his ex gf in high school just dumped him out of no where one day.He said he even changed schools to be with her.

I know I cannot 'change' him,but I hope that I made some kind of significance in his life.I honestly wish he came with a warning tag before I met him,because it isn't fair for anyone to go through this.I'm giving him one last chance...and I've given him multiple chances to straighten up,but I know that this one would be the last. I know I have the choice to leave,but I fear that he will end up on the streets living under a bridge or something.

Also,I have heard of Al-Anon,I've looked up some meetings and I do plan on going.Do they offer free counseling as well?Because I know that I have felt quite anxious lately because whenever I'm not with him I feel that he will go off again and do something stupid.