Thread: Unreal
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 01:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
outtolunch

Originally Posted by Lye5 View Post

Anyway we separated after his detox but I took him back in 5 weeks. He went to a psychiatrist who put him on suboxone due to
I don't know what's up anymore. He is out of the suboxone so he says and is irritable, unmotivated, and closed emotionally.
I have not heard of an MD who prescibes Suboxone to treat PAWS. This does not mean it is not done. Just I have not heard of it.

When getting dosed with Suboxone, the common procedure is to initially present at a Suboxone certified MD's office in a moderate state of withdrawal. Being in a moderate state of withdrawal means one is actively using, which is not the case after detox, unless there has been a relapse.

Being in this state is vital to having Suboxone work as intended. Someone who has detoxed would likely get high off the medication. Suboxone causes dependence and withdrawals, too which is why it is not prescribed to take the edge off of life.

Many people abuse Suboxone and/or sell or trade them for their DOC. This is why they tend to run out of the medication. It is also possible that he tested dirty for drugs which usually causes MDs to stop Suboxone treatment. Or perhaps it's the cost of treatment that contributed to running out.

It is not my intent to cause you more anxiety about a situation you cannot control. Most everyone here eventually realizes that what they think is going on is not the same thing as reality. And it never ends so long as their friend or family member chases the high.

You did not cause this.
You cannot control this.
You cannot cure this.
He owns his own recovery or not.

You can however let go of the outcome that you do not control and decide if you want to live your life this way, or not. Can you accept him as is, where is or not? It's that tween space that is hell.