View Single Post
Old 08-04-2010, 06:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
brundle

Well hang in there... I always wish I could say something really wise when I post. But to be honest I feel as if the addicts in my life just suck out all the brain power. I don't answer when my AH husband calls. My heart pounds, I break into a sweat as I look at the caller ID. This might seem crazy. But if I answer I know he'll say something... that can keep me stewing for weeks. It's better just not to hear it. He's not in recovery. And even if he was...

I'm an adult child of alcoholic parents. Even when the drinking isn't going on I still deal with them blaming me for things I didn't do. (don't do). Family drama. It just keeps going. Is this really something I want in my every day life with the man I'm married to? My kids are almost ready to move out. Is this what I want them to see? I'm just not sure there is such a thing as "healthy" with these type of people. Maybe I can get myself as healthy as possible and my kids. My family and my husband and his family. Well it might seem mean... but they can just fend for themselves...

This was just food for thought... I wasn't telling you what to do. I've been trying to live a more healthy life and each time I get 'drug' back by those who don't want recovery; I'm more determined that I need to place more distance between myself and them.

Hugs and wishing you and your family the best!
Nan